Monday, May 28, 2012

Dress Code

I went to attend a wedding with some friends on this day. Since the dress code was formal, I went for something that is respectable, decent, and properly dressed for the affair.




When attending an event lcalls for dressing up, I usually dress and use colors accordingly. I go for white, nude, gold, brown, or other neutral/earth colors when attending weddings. I would not use bright colors, or neons, or other solid dark shades because I do not intent to stand out in the crowd and get all the attention from the guests. The marrying couple, especially the bride, should be the apple of the eye.



I fell in love with this gold lace dress I found in Hong Kong. It is from my favorite shop in Kennedy Town, called Momo House. According to the owner, this dress is especially imported from Korea. The shop only imports one stock per kind of clothing, which means that only one can wear one design. Who demanded for exclusivity?





I went for this dress because it gives coverage to the upper side of my body, yet still gives sexiness because of its short hemline. I super love the hemline! I love the geometric ends of the dress from the sleeves and the hemline, because that design exudes fun, up-to-date fashion sense, and elegance.




I paired this dress with a gold studded clutch, which I think matches with the outfit perfectly. Although the dress and the clutch have different textures and shapes, they somehow contrast and match the outfit at the same time.






I used gold and crystal accessories to complement my look.






Super love these shoes from Stella Luna because they obviously match the gold studded bag, and at the same time are very comfortable! I stood and walked in these from 3 PM to 10 PM and did not even feel a bit of plain. Even the edges of the shoes are smooth. Plus, the "sexy back" that the shoes give is a plus!







Momo House gold lace dress. Forever21 necklace. Aldo earrings and cuff. ZARA bag, head piece. Stella Luna wedges.


What do you think? :)

xoxo.



1 comment: